The Resource Half of a yellow sun
- Half of a yellow sun
- Statement of responsibility
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Historical fiction
- War and society -- Nigeria -- Fiction
- Nigeria -- History -- Civil War, 1967-1970 -- Fiction
- Nigeria -- History -- Civil War, 1967-1970 -- Social aspects -- Fiction
- Political fiction
- War -- Psychological aspects -- Fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
- Sisters -- Nigeria -- Fiction
- Nigeria -- History -- 1960- -- -Fiction
- This novel is set in Nigeria in the 1960s, at the time of a vicious civil war in which a million people died and thousands were massacred in cold blood. The three main characters in the novel get swept up in the violence during these turbulent years. One is a young boy from a poor village who is employed at a university lecturer's house. The other is a young middle-class woman, Olanna, who has to confront the reality of the massacre of her relatives. And the other is a white man, a writer who lives in Nigeria for no clear reason, and who falls in love with Olanna's sister, a remote and enigmatic character. As these people's lives intersect, they have to question their own responses to the unfolding political events. This novel is about Africa in a wider sense: about moral responsibility, about the end of colonialism, about ethnic and tribal allegiances, about class and race; and the ways in which love can complicate all of these things
- Awards note
- Orange Broadband Prize for Fiction winner 2007.
- Orange prize for fiction, 2007.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
ContextContext of Half of a yellow sun
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Half of a yellow sun
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.waimakariri.kotui.org.nz/resource/u1KVo7aZniA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.waimakariri.kotui.org.nz/resource/u1KVo7aZniA/">Half of a yellow sun</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.waimakariri.kotui.org.nz/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.waimakariri.kotui.org.nz/">Waimakariri District Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Waimakariri District Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...